Monday, March 19, 2007
Revival meetings
We had revival meetings this past weekend.. friday to sunday and it was very awesome. We had William Blackburn as our preacher and he did a mighty work. He preached very hardcore and was very good at what he did. There were many that got saved and many that got thier lives right with God. I could feel the Holy Spirit there and moving through the people of the church.

Friday we started with a southern style BBQ dinner and then worshiped God through songs and heard the Word of God preached to us. He talked about the 10 virgins standing on the outside of a wedding.. waiting and watching for the groom to appear... well 5 of these were wise and 5 foolish... it was great how he incorpareted this. He said that the 5 foolish looked like the other 5.. well dressed.. moral (hence the virgin part) and they had lamps... they had testimonies like every one else but they didn't know God.. they didnt' have the oil in thier lamps to be ready in case the night came.. oh they had the wick to burn down in the lamps but no oil to keep it going. It was an amazing sermon and though I had heard this preached on many times before, never in this way and never in such a thought provoking way either. I got home and looked at my sisters blog and she had devotions about that same story that day.. very cool.

Saterday we had desserts and he preached afterwards, though at the momement I can't really remember much of what it was.. I'll think of it I'm sure after I am done with this... oh well.

Sunday we had breakfast.. eggs, bacon,pancakes,waffles,tortaias,salantro,sausages etc... then he preached over knowing if you are saved.. it was good.. I really liked it.He is a very good preacher and many people got saved and went forward. I was one of them. I had always thought that I was saved when i was 4 but I never really had a change in my life and to be truly saved you have to have a change in your life... a repentant heart... and I dont' think I had ever had a repentant heart till yesterday. So I went and gave everything to God.. and I feel wonderful! I know that just because you sin and have sin in your life doesnt' mean that you are not saved, cause Paul struggled with sin (i do that which i would not and don't do that which i would) and so I know that sin is still a struggle with all believers but if you countine in that sin and don't feel convicted then maybe you are not saved at all.. and that is where i was.. but no longer.

I went to church with an open heart.. telling God that I wanted him to break me and to show me all my sins so that I can get them right with him.. to search my heart and know me.. and then show me what that was so that I can know him more personally.. well God tugged at my heart during the sermon and I asked him to show me that I was saved... and God showed me that I wasn't. I am just glad that I went forward regardless what others may have thought of me.. many thought I had gone forward to help those at the front.. not realizing that I was going forward for myself.

God is wonderful.. I just wanted to share that. I told my best friend Ruthie and she said" What?" and then I said it agian and she said "What?" I was glad to tell her agian and she was excited for me. What a blessing. Now to get baptized... gotta wait till our baptism is ready.. but we finally got one for our church and that is so exciting. God is really working and growing our church its amazing and great!

~Joy~
 
posted by Joy at 8:24 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Amber

    It's so awesome to read of how God is speaking to your heart these days....may He continue to bless you & guide you as you seek Him!!